New Delhi: Arun Goel on Monday, November 22, 2022 assumed charge as the new election commissioner (EC) of India.
Goel is an Indian Administrative Service officer of 1985 batch of Punjab cadre. He is post graduate in Development Economics from Churchill College, University of Cambridge, England with distinction and has also done M.Sc. Mathematics.
Chief election commissioner Rajiv Kumar, who is currently in Nepal as international observer for their ongoing national elections, personally called and congratulated Goel on his appointment.
Welcoming him to the election commission, Kumar said that vast and diverse administrative experience of Goel will further strengthen the commission’s endeavours in ensuring the electoral process more inclusive, accessible and participative.
Postings in government of India
- Secretary, Ministry of Heavy Industries 2020 – 2022
(Catalyzed E-Vehicle movement in India to a Tipping Point)
- Secretary, Ministry of Culture 2018 – 2019
- AS&FA, Ministry of Labour & Employment 2017
- Vice Chairman, Delhi Development Authority 2015 – 2016
- Joint Secretary, Ministry of Finance, Department of Revenue 2012 – 2014
- Joint Secretary, Ministry of Urban Development 2011
Postings in government of Punjab
- Principal Secretary (Power & Irrigation) 2010
- Principal Secretary (Housing & Urban Development) 2007 – 2009
- Secretary, Department of Expenditure 2006
- Managing Director, Punjab Industries & Export 2003 – 2005
- Managing Director, Punjab Warehousing Corporation 2001 – 2002
- District Election Officer /Collector, Ludhiana 1995 – 2000
- Managing Director, Chandigarh Industrial & Tourism 1994
- District Election Officer /Collector, Bhatinda 1993
Comments are closed.